This week our Nursery Managers took part in a workshop course with the MHFA (Mental Health First Aid).
It was a mental health awareness and skills course which qualified them all as MHFA Champions, giving them knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues and an understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing.
The course content included:-
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues ( including eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
We care about our staff and this course was great for our nursery managers to be part of as it will help them build and sustain their own healthy workplaces and staff wellbeing.
We asked one of our attendees what she thought of the course, this is her feedback:
With big thanks to the MHFA for a fantastic, insightful course!