Little Garden The Old Windsor
Day Nursery & Preschool
St Lukes Road
Monday – Friday: 07.30 – 18.00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on St. Lukes Road in Old Windsor, with good bus links within easy walking distance.
The nursery is easy to get to from the centre of the village and main road. There is a large car park at the front of the nursery for convenient parking.
Little Garden Old Windsor
The Old Windsor Day Nursery and Preschool, rated Good by Ofsted, offers a warm and friendly welcome. Its light and airy rooms provide a wonderful space for children to explore and learn through play.
The adventure garden to the rear, has a large sand pit, wooden play equipment and mud kitchen.
Our ICT suite allows children to explore learning in a digital world. Age-appropriate resources provide children with an enhanced learning experience designed to support early years development and readiness for school.
We promote parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Our ICT suite allows children to explore learning in a digital world. Age-appropriate resources provide children with an enhanced learning experience designed to support early years development and readiness for school. Activities are carefully planned and structured to promote literacy, pre-writing, maths, and science, all while promoting curiosity, allowing children to understand and take risks, building their confidence and eagerness to learn.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Baby room offers the perfect place for your child to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Toddler room is where our children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- The children have the opportunity to learn French through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- Our Learning Hub is a designated space for smaller group learning with our ICT suite featuring enhanced learning resources including children’s computers, an interactive touch table, sensory glow pads and interactive pegs used for songs and phonics.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi, I’m Kelly and I lead the team at Little Garden Old Windsor (previously Poppies Old Windsor). Having joined in March 2006 as Deputy Manager at Poppies Bourne End (now Little Garden Bourne End), I have played a major part in the development of Poppies Day Nurseries. I hold a Level 3 diploma in Childcare and Education and have many years of day nursery experience. In July 2011, I completed my BA Honours degree in Early Childhood Studies.
Previously, I managed Poppies Bourne End until April 2017 before going on maternity leave. I have two children: a son and a daughter who have both thrived in our early years care.
Hi, I am Amar, Deputy Manager at the nursery. I am extremely experienced having previously held a Nursery Manager role prior to going on maternity leave in 2017. I have worked with babies and young children for many years, bringing a wealth of knowledge to the team. At Old Windsor, I lead our Little Explorers room.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers are prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 25th June, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.