Little Garden The Potters Bar
Day Nursery & Preschool
86 High Street
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on the High Street close to Potters Bar Mainline Station, Barnet Hill and Cockfosters Tube Stations.
Nearby is Oakmere Primary School and Ladbrooke JMI School.
We are in easy access of both the M25, M1 and A1 motorways and off-road parking along The Walk is available.
We also have limited on-site car parking available.
Little Garden Potters Bar
Little Garden Potters Bar (formerly Head Start Potters Bar), rated Good by Ofsted, offers a warm and inviting setting for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Our fabulous nursery, based in the heart of the High Street, has a wonderful team of Early Years practitioners with a wealth of experience in providing quality care and education.
We promote parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities, so you have wonderful memories of their time with us.
It’s a big, exciting world out there and we want to nurture children’s curiosity so they have a head start as they take their next steps in life.
Nappies & Wipes
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Baby room offers the perfect place for children to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Toddler room is where our children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We continue to promote messy play in our preschool room sparking children’s creativity and interest in the arts
- We provide smaller group learning opportunities to focus on life skills and preparing the children for their next step into school
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance and strength.
- Our garden is a real feature where children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our toddlers have free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables
- We use recycled materials to create our bug hotel which proves very popular with our children, promoting their interest in wildlife in the natural world.
I’m Hayley and I have been working in Early Years since 2011 and have been fortunate to gain experience in a variety of roles during this time – most recently, in 2021 being promoted from Deputy Manager to Nursery Manager at our Potters Bar Nursery.
I hold a Level 3 in Childcare and whilst working full time, I studied towards my BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies and proudly graduated in 2017.
I’m Mum to my 3 year-old daughter, who has helped me develop a real love for sensory, malleable and messy play. I like to share my knowledge with those around me in the hope it’ll inspire them to provide inviting, fun and meaningful learning opportunities for the children in our care.
I’m passionate about working closely with parents and carers to support continuous learning at home; even something so small as reaching out to offer some support and advice can and will have a positive impact on a child’s overall development.
I started working for Potters Bar Nursery in September 2010 as an apprentice, once I gained my level 3 Diploma in early years and education qualification I became a full-time nursery assistant, from there I worked up to senior nursery practitioner and on to room leader. After many years of working as a room leader I was offered a promotion to a more senior role of 3rd in charge. In 2019 I then worked my way up again to secure the Deputy Manager position.
In 2017 I left to have my first child who currently attends our preschool room and I returned from maternity leave once again in September with my second child who is currently attending our under 2s room.
Most of my experience over the last 11 years has been based with the babies from 3 months up to 1 year olds. I have also spent periods of time running the 1–2-year-olds room and the 2-3 year-olds. I have had the experience of working closely with many SEN children over the years and have undertaken lots of training courses along this, I recently stared my Level 3 NVQ for becoming a Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
I am very passionate about my job and enjoy working as a team and helping others be the best that they can be. I believe working in early years, that we have one of the toughest jobs, we have the responsibility of caring for the most precious souls, we have the responsibility of making sure they are safe and happy and provide them with opportunity to thrive and develop and to give them the best start that we possibly can.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers are prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 13th August, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.