Little Garden The Finchley
Day Nursery & Preschool
2a Hertford Road
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Hertford Road in East Finchley, close to East Finchley underground station, which is less than a 10-minute walk to the nursery, with good transport links from and into central London.
A bus stop is also conveniently located.
Street parking is available.
Little Garden Finchley
The Finchley Day Nursery & Preschool offers quality care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
Formally a Baptist church the setting has been carefully restored and refurbished to create a safe, warm, and welcoming environment in which children can grow and develop through our child-centred approach and focused learning.
Our outdoor space is used all year round, and in addition, children take regular trips on outings to the local area.
We value our partnership with parents and aim to work with your family, providing daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
Stay and Play Sessions
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- The children have the opportunity to learn yoga, to bring a focus to early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We are trained in ‘Moving Matters’, and provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, developing core muscles and concentration, and we prepare the children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our babies have free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi, I’m Voula, the Nursery Manager.
I am a qualified teacher with a Degree in Nursery Education, I’m the Designated Safeguarding Lead and am qualified in Paediatric First Aid.
At The Finchley Day Nursery & Preschool we love learning through a variety of activities. We enjoy science experiments, practicing our writing skills and phonetics, and learning all about numbers, as part of our school readiness. We love going on trips to the woods and allotments, and developing our physical skills through running, climbing, and yoga.
Caring for our children is such a rewarding career and I strive and encourage our children to progress and reach their full potential and be happy independent learners.
As a team we build close bonds with the children and work together in achieving our goals.
Hi, I am Melissa the Deputy Manager at The Finchley Day Nursery & preschool.
I am extremely experienced having worked in nurseries for 10 years. I have worked with babies, toddlers and pre-school which has enabled me to bring a wealth of knowledge to the team.
I love working in early years education because it is something I have always been passionate about, I would like to think I am making a difference in young children’s lives by providing a range of ideas and enabling activities.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers are prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 24th June, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.