Little Garden The Brentford
Day Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Half Acre, just around the corner from the Morrisons Supermarket.
Close by there is a main bus stop, Brentford overland is just a ten-minute walk away and around the corner from the nursery on ‘The Butts’ there is metered parking available.
Little Garden Brentford
The Brentford Day Nursery & Preschool, rated Good by Ofsted (Novemver 2022), offers a warm and nurturing environment where children start their nursery journey.
Located in a characterful former Victorian school building in Half Acre and spread across two floors, the nursery offers plenty of space for children to enjoy learning through play, both indoors and out.
We promote parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
We are an established team of experienced practitioners creating enabling environments and activities to ensure every child achieves their full potential.
Stay & Play
Friday 30th June, 10 – 11am
(Limited Places Available)
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Montessori Inspired Learning
Our Learning Hub is a designated space for smaller group learning. We offer a Montessori inspired approach to learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Little Buds room offers under 2s the perfect place to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- Our sensory den is a key feature in our baby room, giving children the opportunity to develop their senses
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- The children have the opportunity to learn yoga from an external provider, to bring a focus to early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our Little Blossoms room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Taking part in yoga classes from an external provider, the children continue to learn early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- The children have the opportunity to learn Spanish through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- Our Learning Hub is a designated space for smaller group learning. We offer an opportunity for focused learning centred around science, maths and school readiness.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our preschool room has free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
My name is Tracy, and I am the Nursery Manager at The Brentford Day Nursery & Preschool. I hold an NVQ level 4 in Childcare and a Level 2 in Mental Health Awareness.
I have over 20 years of experience working in the early years sector, working for large childcare provider and small independent settings.
With this varied experience I have been able to provide a stimulating and balanced environment for the children to thrive in. My focus for the children at The Brentford Day Nursery is to help them grow and develop into confident learners.
My name is Rachel, and I am the Deputy Manager here at The Brentford Day Nursery & Preschool.
I have 20 years’ experience working within the early years sector and have thoroughly enjoyed contributing to children’s education and supporting so many families. My years in this industry have allowed me to experience every element of nursery life, from phonics to mealtimes and being able to develop and support dedicated staff teams.
I’m excited to work alongside such a passionate and professional team here at The Brentford Day Nursery and Preschool.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 24th June, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.