Little Garden The Worcester Park
Day Nursery & Preschool
52-2 Longfellow Rd
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is situated on Longfellow Road, just along the road from the Waitrose supermarket. Close by there’s a selection of bus stops and Worcester Park train station is a 3-minute drive away.
Parking outside the nursery is limited, please park on the road verge as directed by the traffic signs.
Little Garden Worcester Park
The Worcester Park Day Nursery, rated Good by Ofsted, offers wonderful and inspiring learning experiences for young children aged 3 months to 5 years in a safe and secure environment.
Located in a spacious building in Longfellow Road, the nursery has a large baby and toddler/preschool room with plenty of sensory activities to encourage the children to learn and have fun with their friends and our experienced staff.
We want children to have wonderful and inspiring learning experiences, so when it’s time to take the next step in the journey of education and life, they take with them lovely memories of their time with us.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our baby room offers under 2s the perfect place to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school
- We work closely with local schools and facilitate calls and visits to ensure our children and families can confidently transition into their new reception class.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our outdoor learning area
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
My name is Angela and I have been qualified as a Nursery Nurse for over 30 years. My journey in childcare after finishing college, started when I worked for Greenwich Social Services caring for children who were vulnerable and from inner city areas. I then worked as a volunteer in Romania for 4 years just after the revolution in 1989. I drove across Europe to live and work in an orphanage in a village in the north of Romania. Living within the community was a huge life experience and one which has made me the person I am today.
Once back in the UK, I worked as sole charge of new-born triplets for 4 years and the children whom are now in their 20’s are still very much part of my family.
I have worked in private Day Nurseries for the past 22 years as a manager, I love working with the nursery teams, developing their skills and sharing my experiences.
I am a mum to three teenage children and am so proud of their achievements and seeing them become young adults with great ambition.
I joined the Little Garden family of nurseries in June 2020 and have been at Worcester Park since August when we took over the Nursery. This acquisition has been such an adventure and one which is an incredible journey. The children, families and staff team are amazing, and we are having a wonderful time making the positive changes to the nursery and sharing the vision of the company.
Hi, my name is Sarah. After I finished my NNEB at college, I moved to America to work as a nanny. This job took me all over the world and was a wonderful experience.
On returning, I continued working as a nanny before going to France to work in a hotel as a childcare practitioner in a hotel for the skiing season. Upon returning to the UK, I worked in various nurseries working my way up to Deputy Manager.
I enjoy working as a team and helping others be the best that they can possibly be.
I have 2 children of my own who attended nursery so I know what it can be like leaving your little one for the first time, I am able to nurture you during this time.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers are prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 13th August, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.