Little Garden Carshalton
Day Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located within the grounds of Grove Park, close to Carshalton High Street which is just a 2-minute walk to the nursery. Carshalton Station is a 10-minute walk.
Grove Hall is situated close to the delightful village ponds and opposite the children’s play area.
Little Garden Carshalton
The Carshalton Day Nursery & Preschool offers an enjoyable and stimulating environment in which children aged 2 to 5 years can explore, develop, and grow.
We use the Early Years Foundation Stage as the framework within which we provide excellent care and education for our children. Enabling children to discover through planned learning, exploration, and focused activities.
We also have a fantastic outdoor space to play in, where children can explore, take risks, and challenge their physical development.
We promote parent partnerships and are committed to meeting the needs of the children by consulting with our parents and carers on a regular basis.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers. To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- At our nursery, our toddlers are encouraged to thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings.
- We support our older children with ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We continue to promote messy play in our preschool room sparking children’s creativity and interest in the arts
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- We offer a stimulating and creative environment with a variety of resources for our children to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- We provide space for children to learn in smaller groups, so that they achieve focused outcomes which are tailored to their needs.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and embrace their outdoor learning experience
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and explorative nature play.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.