Little Garden The Clapham
Day Nursery & Preschool
3 Pearson Street
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Peardon Street. It is a quiet leafy cul-de-sac, seconds away from the junction off Wandsworth and Silverthorne Road.
There are great commuter links via bus stops on Silverthorne and Wandsworth Road and nearby tube stations at Clapham North/Common, Wandsworth Road and Clapham Junction.
There’s metered parking available on Peardon Street.
Little Garden Clapham
The Clapham Day Nursery & Preschool, rated Good by Ofsted (May 2022), is a warm, friendly, home from home setting where children are supported by a caring and professional team of childcare practitioners.
Located in a quiet cul-de-sac in Peardon Street, the 3-storey building provides plenty of space for children to enjoy learning through play, both indoors and out.
A child’s first step into nursery is also a first step to independence and we strive to provide the children in our care with the best resources, environments, and learning support to allow them to discover their individuality and achieve their full potential.
We promote parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
Your child’s time at nursery is the start of an important journey, supporting them with the skills they need to develop and grow into content, confident, healthy, and curious people.
Our learning hub is about “readiness for school”. It gives our preschool children the opportunity to be ready for school emotionally as well as academically. Activities are carefully planned and structured to promote literacy, pre-writing, maths and science; promoting curiosity and allowing children to understand and take risks. This approach builds upon building their confidence and eagerness to learn.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Little Buds room offers under 2s the perfect place to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Little Blossoms room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- The children have the opportunity to learn Spanish through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
My journey with Little Garden Day Nurseries started in August 2017 at our wonderful Brentford Day Nursery and Preschool, as Deputy Manager.
I have over 18 years’ experience within the childcare sector, and I have loved every minute of my job whatever role I have embarked on. I am looking forward to working for many more years in childcare.
I love this nursery and feel extremely proud to be able to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment for all our children. I truly dedicate my time to coach and lead the team to ensure they are delivering above expectations and meeting the needs of all the children, parents and our colleagues.
My name is Souad and I have worked at Clapham Day Nursery for just over two years.
My journey in childcare started in 2014, I had progressed to preschool room leader, during this time I developed my management skills and knowledge. In 2020 I was thankful that an opportunity opened for the Deputy Manager position, to which I was successful.
I am passionate about my role within the nursery, and it is amazing working with such a fantastic team. I am excited to move the nursery forward, and work alongside a manager that strives for outstanding.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 25th November, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.