Little Garden The Hackney
Day Nursery & Preschool
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Westgate Street in Hackney, close to London Fields Train Station which is just a 6-minute walk to the nursery. Hackney Central Station is also close by with links to Stratford.
Pay and display parking is available along the street.
Little Garden Hackney
The Hackney Day Nursery & Preschool (Previously FountNursery) provides a nurturing, reassuring, and stimulating environment for children aged 6 months to 5 years.
The nursery takes over three railway arches in London Fields and boasts a 5000sqft outdoor space, complete with age-appropriate equipment and a Forest School area for the children to explore, take risks and challenge their physical development.
We have a caring team of experienced practitioners creating enabling environments and activities to ensure every child is given the opportunity to be creative, explore and reach their full potential.
We promote parent partnerships and provide daily updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
Nappies & Wipes
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers. To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our baby room offers the perfect home from home environment for our babies to begin their early years learning journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- Our sensory resources are a key feature in our baby room, giving children the opportunity to develop their senses
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance helping children take their first steps and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is the next stage on the nursery journey, children can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings.
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- The children have the opportunity to express their creativity through drama and theatre lessons, building confidence sparking their interest in the arts
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- Our gardens offer a dedicated Forest School area where children can wander, climb, splash, and embrace their outdoor learning experience
- Our baby and preschool room have free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative with our greenhouse providing space for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and explorative nature play.
Hi, I’m Lorraine, mum of three, and I have worked with children and families in early years for over 15 years and hold a degree in Education and Leadership in Early Years.
I am passionate about everything early years education and strive to provide an environment that allows children to thrive, explore and belong in a nurturing space.
I believe in a hands-on approach and getting directly involved in nursery activities with the children and getting to know our families.
Building effective parent partnerships is crucial to gaining a shared understanding of the children and I love nothing more than a conversation about what everyone has been doing.
Hi, my Name is Mahar, I am level 3 qualified. I have been working in childcare for 5 years, and I have successfully worked my way up from practitioner to room leader and now deputy manager. I enjoy watching children grow and develop, every day is a new experience and I feel joy and happiness to be part of each child’s journey helping them become strong, independent, and confident.
Hello, my name is Orçun Yozcu. I was born in North Cyprus and came to the U.K for my first birthday (many years ago).
I have over 13 years of experience in working with children and absolutely love what I do. I have a huge passion for childcare and helping children learn, grow, and develop to their greatest potential.
My goal is to support and give children a good start in life, helping them to develop social skills in a safe and caring environment that promotes learning through play. I strive to be a good role-model to staff to help better practice and provide the best care for children.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 26th November, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.