Little Garden The Dulwich
Day Nursery & Preschool
145 Perry Hill
Monday – Friday: 07.00 – 19.00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Perry Hill, with good bus links from Catford & Catford Bridge Stations, while Bellingham station is about a 17-minute walk.
Street parking is available on the main road outside the nursery.
Little Garden Dulwich
The Dulwich Day Nursery & Preschool is a home from home, nurturing environment for our children, where safety is of the highest importance.
Based in Perry Hill in Catford, our inspiring environment allows children to explore a wide range of planned experiences and activities, to promote independent choices in their play.
We encourage our children to bring in family photos to make photo books and teach them about festivals and different cultures and help them appreciate the world around them.
Our team of caring and professional childcare practitioners focus on forming a strong attachment with children to build positive relationships with both child and families from the offset.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
I have worked with children for over 20 years, although this isn’t the beginning of my childcare experience, being the eldest in a large family I always knew I wanted to be just like my grandma who was a registered childminder and cared for children. I have level 3 qualification in childcare and education and a level 5 in leadership and management. Before becoming a manager, I worked with preschool aged children. I love to see how their personalities change from babies to preschool age, I am a huge believer in confidence and believe that if a child has the confidence in themselves, they can be whoever they want to be.
I like to see my staff progress in their career and fulfil their true potential, I support the team to achieve their goals through training and giving them experiences to develop further.
Hi, my name is Keeley and I have been working in childcare since 1998, after completing my BTEC National Diploma in Childhood Studies. I knew from early on that I wanted to work with children and returned to my old primary school for my work experience in secondary school. My career in childcare began as a nursery nurse in private nurseries before spending 2 years as a nanny, caring for 2 children, before the family relocated back to Scotland. Following this, I spent 6 years working in a school nursery as a nursery nurse as well as SIPS support assistant. In October 2010, I returned to private day nurseries
During my free time, I like to read and spend time with my family, whether it be small gatherings at home or larger trips away. I can usually be found with a camera in hand and enjoy visiting nature reserves, parks, and wildlife parks to try and get that perfect picture.
My friends call me Priya, I have a Degree in Early Childhood studies and started my career in childcare 6 years ago.
Caring for children has always been my passion as I strive to provide them with the highest quality of care and meeting their needs.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers are prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 25th June, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.