Little Garden The Hammersmith
Day Nursery & Preschool
50 Richford Gate
61-69 Richford St
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located just down the driveway of Richford Gate, off Richford Street. We’re just seconds away from Hammersmith Grove with quick and easy access to the District and Piccadilly lines at Goldhawk Road and Hammersmith Broadway tube stations.
There are main bus stops on Goldhawk Road and the bus station is also located at Hammersmith Broadway, plus we’re located within walking distance from the Westfield Shopping Centre.
There is no parking available outside, we’re in a private development so it’s perfect for safe drop off/pick up.
Little Garden Hammersmith
The Hammersmith Day Nursery & Preschool, rated Good by Ofsted (May 2019), offers a warm and friendly welcome where children aged 3 months to 5 years can have fun and let their imaginations run wild with curiosity.
Located on the ground floor of a modern development in Richford Gate, the nursery provides inspirational learning experiences, both indoors and in our outdoor play area. Parents tell us they love the daily updates and photos they receive about their child’s activities.
Our long-standing team of Early Years’ practitioners provide a stable environment where we strive to nurture, inspire and care for every child, helping them to achieve their full potential.
Our learning hub is about “readiness for school”. It gives our preschool children the opportunity to be ready for school emotionally as well as academically. Activities are carefully planned and structured to promote literacy, pre-writing, maths and science; promoting curiosity and allowing children to understand and take risks. This approach builds upon building their confidence and eagerness to learn.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Little Buds room offers under 2s the perfect place to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We take part in yoga classes to promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Little Blossoms room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Our children enjoy activities such as yoga and sports sessions to build on large motor skills and physical development
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- The children have the opportunity to learn Spanish through music and songs promoting a love of language at an early age
- Our Learning Hub is a designated space for smaller group learning, preparing the children emotionally and academically for their next step into school.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges. We have an external provider visiting our nursery to teach Playball Sports
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
My name is Tina and I joined Little Garden Day Nurseries as Deputy Manager in 2019. moving up to Nursery Manager in 2022.
I have been working in childcare for just under 20 years as a qualified Level 3 practitioner. I have plenty of experience with all age groups ranging from 3 months to 7 years.
I find working with children rewarding, helping them to reach their full potential by planning activities alongside their individual interests.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 21st October, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.