Little Garden The Roehampton
Day Nursery & Preschool
5 Medfield St
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:30
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Medfield Street with excellent bus links from Putney Station and Putney Heath / Green Man.
Free parking is available close by and we have a buggy storage area making drop off/pick-up a little more convenient for anyone walking to the nursery.
Little Garden Roehampton
The Roehampton Day Nursery & Preschool has been designed with an appreciation of the natural world, allowing your child to explore and play in a safe and secure environment.
Conveniently located in Medfield Street, the nursery provides inspirational learning experiences and activities for children aged 3 months to 5 years, supported by our expert team of Early Years’ practitioners. Parents tell us they love the daily updates and photos they receive about their child’s activities.
The nursery embodies Little Garden’s ‘Nurture, Care, Inspire’ ethos, and prides itself on creating a calm and nurturing environment, empowering the children to grow in confidence as they progress through their early years’ journey.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 30 hours funded childcare, for working families with 3-4-year-old children and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Garden Day Nurseries
- Our Cherries room offers under 2s the perfect place to begin their nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch, and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our Plums room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS, including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
- We’re called a Little Garden, but our garden is big fun! Children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our outdoor learning area
- Outdoor play is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical activities and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hi, my name is Sarah and I have over 12 years’ experience working in childcare, starting as a Nursery Practitioner, and working my way up to now Nursery Manager at The Roehampton Day Nursery & Preschool.
I am Level 3 qualified, and I am truly passionate about the contribution I make to the staff, children, and families I care for.
My reason for entering the industry began when I was very young, my Mum used to be a nanny and I always loved spending time with the children and watching them grow into confident learners and independent little people.
Promoting positive behaviours, championing mental health, and leading my team to deliver the best outcomes for children is why I love my job.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 25th February, 9am – 1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.